“Climb Higher” Scholarship
Priority to 1st generation college students
The McCall-Donnelly Education Foundation’s vision is an engaged community committed to helping students reach their highest potential through innovative educational experiences.
The “Climb Higher” Scholarship encourages students to achieve their very best during high school, so they can further their education after high school. Research shows continuing-generation college students are twice as likely to go on and get a post-graduate degree. Therefore, preference will be given to first-generation college students. However, any student is welcome to apply. This scholarship is made possible by volunteers and annual fundraisers.
Initial award $1,000 per year for two years, totaling $2,000. Recipients may then re-apply for 2 more years. To maintain eligibility, the student must continue full-time enrollment and keep a GPA of 2.8 or higher. The total amount for all 4 years will not exceed $4,000.
Awarded to an MDSD graduating senior who has attended MDSD for a minimum of 2 years and who will attend, full time, an accredited institution of higher education or a vocational school the fall immediately after graduation. Preference given to students who:
- Demonstrated characteristics of good citizenship, integrity, and respect while at MDSD
- Plan for the anticipated costs of their education and how to pay for it
- Participated in the school and local community while enrolled at MDSD
- Is the first in their family to pursue a post-secondary education degree.
April 28th, 2023
How to Apply
Submit the following to the M-D High School Counseling office:
- One-page cover letter that explains your possible career goals, your target educational program, a brief financial plan of how you might pay for your education, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals. Please be sure to tell us if you will be the first in your family to pursue a post-secondary degree.
- High school transcript
- Resume including personal data, activities, honors, work experience, and service
- Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher (preferred) or an employer.
Selection will be made by the MDEF Scholarship Committee
Scholarship Payout Guidelines
Have your college Registrar send verification of enrollment to: MDEF, PO Box 3048, McCall ID 83638. Payment will be made directly to the educational institution if all requirements continue to be met.